Are you experiencing cabin fever? Living in the northeastern states makes this time of year very difficult because when the sun is shining and the sky is blue, it is still 20 degrees outside. Like you, we are ready to get out of the house and experience new surroundings.
Top 5 Places to Visit this Spring:
- Cook Forest State Park, Pennsylvania: There are a number of places to visit within Clarion County that allow you to be one with nature. From biking and hiking to relaxing by a campfire, breathe in the fresh air at Cook Forest State Park. With numerous hiking trails, Clarion River views, and mountain bike paths, Cook Forest is an escape from home. Plan a weekend away and stay in one of the many cabins offered at Cook Riverside Cabins, MacBeth’s Cabins and Country Store or stay in a woodland getaway at Gateway Lodge.
- Blue Ridge Parkway, Virginia: Take in the scenery of the Appalachian Mountains as you drive the 469 miles from Shenandoah National Park in Virginia to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina. Virginia’s Skyline Drive runs from Shenandoah Valley at Front Royal to Waynesboro where it meets Blue Ridge Parkway. The beautiful drive consists of 75 overlooks and numerous campground, lodges, and trailheads. Spring brings along colorful wildflowers and beautiful mountain laurel.
- Berkeley Springs, West Virginia: This quaint town has a lot to offer! Immerse yourself in its quirky style by strolling down the main street, visiting little shops, eateries and more! Also home to the Country’s first spa, soak in a hot mineral bath at the end of the day before enjoying a relaxing dinner at one of the local restaurants and cafes. No matter what your interests, Berkeley Springs has something to offer all who visit. It was also voted one of the Best Small Historic Towns, Most Romantic Small Towns in America, and West Virginia’s Best Small Town in 2020!
- Finger Lakes, New York: The Finger Lakes region in New York is home to numerous state parks and adorable small towns, all lakeside! From wineries and breweries, to hiking and waterfalls, Finger Lakes is the perfect mix of outdoor adventure and indoor comfort. Take it from me - when I visited Watkins Glen State Park, I felt like I traveled to a foreign land. The scenery, cliffs, waterfalls…the beauty is overwhelming.
- Deep Creek, Maryland: This area has a lot to offer in terms of outdoor activity. Hit the slopes for skiing, snowboarding and tubing in the winter at Wisp Resort. Hike the trails in Garrett County, home to seven state parks and many forests, and then relax with a beer and a hot sandwich at a local bar. Deep Creek offers a number of vacation home rentals, townhouses, and cabins right on the lake.
Interested in writing a blog? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will feature you!
Visit these websites for more information: