In the winter of 2018, I decided to travel to 3 countries in one week. Norway, Denmark, and Sweden were my choices and how cool it was! Below is a packing list of exactly what I brought with me in one small backpack for the week. When traveling, I believe in re-wearing clothes and bringing as little as possible. This makes airplane/train/taxi travel much easier!
Location: Norway, Denmark, Sweden
Month: Late November
Weather: Cloudy/Chilly, 30's
Trip Style: Backpacking
Advice: Pack light and pack layers. Warm socks/boots are essential. A big scarf is great to use as a blanket/pillow on the train.
- Eyes: Glasses, Contacts, Contact Solution/Case, Extra Contacts, Eye Drops, Sunglasses
- Hair: Shampoo, Conditioner, Brush/Comb, Hair Ties
- Body: Soap, Lotion, Razor, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Lightweight/Fast-drying towel
- Miscellaneous: Vitamins, Medications, Motion sickness medicine, Hand sanitizer, Vaseline/lip balm
- Bottoms: Black/Denim jeans, Long underwear/thermal, Thick or insulated leggings, Sweatpants or pajama pants
- Tops (think 'layers'): Long sleeve shirts, Tank top, Thick sweaters
- Outerwear: Waterproof and warm jacket with hood, Scarf, Hat, Gloves, Ear band
- Undergarments: Bra, Underwear, Socks (warm), Boot Liners
- Shoes: Waterproof/Insulated/Comfortable Boots or sneakers
- Passport and passport copies
- Drivers license
- Health insurance card
- Copy of flights
- Money: US cash, Credit Cards
- Reminder: Check into international exchange fees on your credit cards. Set up travel notification for you bank account(s) and credit card(s).
- Phone: Cell Phone, Phone charger, Portable charger
- Reminder: Check with your phone plan to add international plans. Most places have wi-fi; however, if you need to use your phone for navigation, it will need data.
- Electronics: Headphones, Selfie stick, Small tripod, Camera, Memory cards, Camera batteries/charger, Power adapter
- Reusable water bottle
- Notebook and Pen
- Small crossbody purse to use during the day