You are about to embark on an amazing journey. India is hands-down my favorite country to visit. The colors, tradition, history, food, music, dance...the list goes on. I have quite a bit of experience traveling to different parts of the country, so if you need more specific info, please reach out.
Month: August - December
Weather: Sunny/Rainy, 75-90
Trip Style: Backpacking
Advice: Dress modestly. Pack loose fitting and breathable clothing. Bring a scarf to drape over your head when visiting temples or to use over your face during tuk-tuk rides. Don't bring expensive jewelry. Don't pack too many clothes.
- Eyes: Glasses, Contacts, Contact Solution/Case, Extra Contacts, Eye Drops, Sunglasses
- Hair: Shampoo, Conditioner, Brush/Comb, Hair Ties, Dry shampoo
- Body: Soap, Lotion, Razor, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Lightweight/Fast-drying towel, Sunscreen, Bug spray
- Miscellaneous: Vitamins, Medications, Motion sickness medicine, Toilet paper, Kleenex, Hand sanitizer, Wet wipes, Tums/Alka Seltzer
- Bottoms: Long Skirts/Shorts, Capris, Loose fitting pants, Modest Bathing suit coverup, Comfortable/lightweight workout pants, Maxi dress
- Tops: Tee shirts, Tunics (or buy there), tank tops, Lightweight coverup (sweater, jacket, etc.)
- Outerwear: Lightweight waterproof jacket, Sun hat, Scarves
- Undergarments: Bra, Underwear, Modest Bathing Suit (one piece), Socks
- Shoes: Comfortable sneakers, Comfortable Flip Flops/Sandals
- Passport and passport copies
- Neck Wallet
- Drivers license
- Health insurance card
- Copy of flights and car rental reservation
- Money: US cash, Credit Cards
- Reminder: Check into international exchange fees on your credit cards. Set up travel notification for you bank account(s) and credit card(s).
- Phone: Cell Phone, Phone charger, Portable charger
- Reminder: Check with your phone plan to add international plans. Most places have wi-fi; however, if you need to use your phone for navigation, it will need data.
- Electronics: Headphones, Selfie stick, Small tripod, Camera, Memory cards, Camera batteries/charger, Power adapter
- Reusable water bottle or water bottle with filter
- Notebook and Pen
- Small backpack or bag, and/or a dry bag if you are hiking or exploring outdoors.
A friendly reminder: Only drink bottled water and be extra diligent with consuming raw vegetables and cooked meat. After a case of Giardia and C-Diff, please take it from me!