If you're here, I am guessing you have a trip to Iceland planned! You are in for a real treat - Iceland's beauty is indescribable. The packing list below was created to diminish some of the pre-packing stress and to keep your bags light!
Weather: Rainy/Windy/Cloudy/Sunny, 50-60 degrees
Trip Style: Road-trip, Backpacking
Advice: Pack layers. Don't worry about fashion. Pack for comfort and warmth. Ditch the makeup and fancy hair - you'll be too busy exploring to care about it! Iceland is typically windy and wet, so an umbrella doesn't make much sense. Be sure to pack waterproof shoes and outerwear.
- Eyes: Glasses, Contacts, Contact Solution/Case, Extra Contacts, Eye Drops, Sunglasses
- Hair: Shampoo, Conditioner, Brush/Comb, Hair Ties
- Body: Soap, Lotion, Razor, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Lightweight/Fast-drying towel
- Miscellaneous: Vitamins, Medications, Motion sickness medicine
- Bottoms: Quick dry pants, Long underwear/thermal, Jeans, Leggings, Sweatpants, Pajamas
- Tops (think 'layers'): Long sleeve shirt, Tees, Hoodie/Sweatshirt, Sweater
- Outerwear: Warm Vest, Waterproof Jacket with hood (warm), Scarf, Hat, Gloves, Ear band
- Undergarments: Bra, Underwear, Bathing Suit, Socks (warm), Boot Liners
- Shoes: Waterproof and comfortable shoes (rain boots, hiking boots, etc.), Comfortable sneakers
- Passport and passport copies
- Drivers license
- Health insurance card
- Copy of flights and car rental reservation
- Money: US cash, Credit Cards
- Reminder: Check into international exchange fees on your credit cards. Set up travel notification for you bank account(s) and credit card(s).
- Phone: Cell Phone, Phone charger, Portable charger
- Reminder: Check with your phone plan to add international plans. Most places have wi-fi; however, if you need to use your phone for navigation, it will need data.
- Electronics: Headphones, Selfie stick, Small tripod, Camera, Memory cards, Camera batteries/charger, Power adapter
- Reusable water bottle
- Notebook and Pen
- Small backpack (preferably waterproof) and/or a dry bag if you are hiking or exploring outdoors, as the weather changes quickly.