Costa Rica - The land of sunshine, surf, and sand. If you are traveling to the famous beaches of Costa Rica, this is the packing list for you. I've had quite a few trips to this life-changing country and narrowed the list down to the necessities.
Location: Costa Rica (Western Peninsula)
Weather: Sunny and Humid, 78-90 degrees
Trip Style: Backpacking/Beach
Advice: Pack light. You will spend most of your time on the beach. Mosquitos do come out at night, so pack bug spray. Sunscreen, sunglasses and a sun hat are a must!
- Eyes: Glasses, Contacts, Contact Solution/Case, Extra Contacts, Eye Drops, Sunglasses
- Hair: Shampoo, Conditioner, Brush/Comb, Hair Ties
- Body: Soap, Lotion, Razor, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant, Lightweight/Fast-drying towel, Sunscreen, Bug spray
- Miscellaneous: Vitamins, Medications, Motion sickness medicine
- Bottoms: Shorts, Capris, Skirts, Bathing suit coverup, Comfortable/lightweight pants
- Tops: Tank Tops, Tees, Lightweight coverup (sweater, jacket, etc.)
- Outerwear: Lightweight waterproof jacket (if you are planning on hiking), Sun hat, Rash guard (if surfing)
- Undergarments: Bra, Underwear, Bathing Suits (multiple), Socks
- Shoes: Comfortable sneakers, Flip Flops/Sandals, Hiking Boots (if necessary)
- Passport and passport copies
- Drivers license
- Health insurance card
- Copy of flights and car rental reservation
- Money: US cash, Credit Cards
- Reminder: Check into international exchange fees on your credit cards. Set up travel notification for you bank account(s) and credit card(s).
- Phone: Cell Phone, Phone charger, Portable charger
- Reminder: Check with your phone plan to add international plans. Most places have wi-fi; however, if you need to use your phone for navigation, it will need data.
- Electronics: Headphones, Selfie stick, Small tripod, Camera, Memory cards, Camera batteries/charger, Power adapter, mini speaker
- Reusable water bottle
- Notebook and Pen
- Small backpack or beach bag, and/or a dry bag if you are hiking or exploring outdoors, as the weather changes quickly.
- Beach towel and/or beach blanket
- Collapsible Cooler