Featured Explorer: Gina B.
One of the most kick-ass gals I have ever met is Gina. She is a Physicist by trade and a dog mom by heart. Her 8 year old Frenchie, Luna, travels with her whenever possible. When she's not traveling, she is a competitive olympic-style weightlifter and Strongwoman, recently qualifying for the 2021 National Strongwo/man Competition. When she isn't traveling the world or lifting, she enjoys crafting.
- Instagram: @no_middlename
- Current State: California
- Hometown: Hillsdale, New Jersey
- Career: Physicist
- Hobbies: Weightlifting, Strongwoman, Traveling, Snowboarding, Hiking, Arts and Crafts
- Favorite Places to Visit in CA: Hiking/camping in the outdoors. Going to Mammoth, CA to snowboard. Traveling to visit friends out of town.
- Favorite Place to Visit Out-of-Sate: Any and all National Parks. I love seeing the natural beauty of the world.
- Favorite Place to Visit Internationally: I try to keep my travels primarily nature-based, with a visit to a city or two every now and then. I love the outdoors, but I also love being immersed in local culture.
- Most memorable adventure moment thus far: Making it to the Everest Base Camp at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, and almost getting stuck in Nepal!
- Where are you traveling next?: San Antonio, Texas to visit family and friends.
- All-Time Bucket List Trip: Antarctica and a very long trip to mainland Europe...for now.
- One thing you always take on adventures: A good backpack to carry everything I need or purchase.
- Why do you explore the outdoors?: There is SO MUCH to see in this world. It's all unique, and has an amazing back story. There is literally an endless amount of places to go, things to do, and sights to see. I'm doing my best to see as much of it as I possibly can.
- One word to describe yourself: Driven
Life Is Cool: Gina and I crossed paths in 2017 when we were both traveling solo around Iceland. We met at a hostel and spent her last day in Iceland visiting cool spots in the southeastern part of the country. Having the opportunity to meet people all around the world, who share the same interests, is one of the coolest things life has to offer. Stay wild, Gina!